For all applicants
- One completed application form (prescribed form)
- Photograph and identification verification slip: Print out application form and tear off identification verification slip and attach a photo that is identical to the one in the application form.
- Applicants must bring this slip with them to the interview so that their identification can be verified and thus the photo must match that in the application form.
- Notarized certificate of bachelor's degree graduation (or an official document that indicates the expected date of graduation). (Doctorate applicants must submit a notarized certificate of bachelor's degree graduation and either a notarized certificate of master's degree graduation or an official document that indicates the expected date of graduation for the master's degree.)
- Academic transcripts from all semesters of bachelor's degree (Doctorate applicants must submit academic transcripts from all semesters of bachelor's degree and master's degree.)
- One Letter of Self-Introduction and one Study Plan
- A certificate verifying the achievement of at least level 3 in the Test of Proficiency in Korean (TOPIK) exam
- One Letter of Recommendation from the president/chancellor/dean/director of previous university or previous academic advisor/supervising professor
- Personal Reference and Statement of Financial Sponsorship (affidavit of support, prescribed form) or certificate of bank balance (Must have had at least $10,000 USD in bank account for at least one month)
- A copy of passport (notarized copy). Chinese applicants must also submit copies of family register of parents (Applicants who are unable to verify identification with family register of parents must submit notarized certificate of family relationships)
- Applicants who have been granted scholarships must submit certificate of receipt of scholarship. (Applicants receiving academic advisor scholarship must submit certificate of receipt of scholarship and also proof of employment of the professor and invitation letter)
- Applicants must submit Korean translations along with all of these documents and the Korean translations must be verified as true translations of the originals by the Korean embassy or consulate in the applicant's country of origin.
For foreign nationals whose parents are both citizens of countries other than Korea
- Proof of foreign citizenship of applicant and both parents
- Copy of Alien Registration Card (only for those applicants who have one – those who are residing in Korea)
- Certified copy of applicant's family register (only for applicants who are foreign nationals of Korean descent)
For Koreans and foreign nationals who have completed all of their studies (at least 16 years of education) overseas
- Notarized graduation certificates and academic transcripts (from all semesters) from elementary school, junior high school, senior high school and bachelor's degree (for applicants who are about to graduate, an official document that indicates the expected date of graduation can be submitted instead of the graduation certificate of the bachelor's degree.
- Proof of oversea residence
- Certified copy of applicant's family register (does not apply to foreign nationals whose parents are both citizens of countries other than Korea)
Foreign nationals who are currently enrolled in study at Cheongju University or have graduated from a course at Cheongju University are only required to submit documents 1 to 6 listed under "For all applicants" above.
Documents written in any language other than Korean must all be submitted with notarized Korean translations, however applicants recommended by the Office of International Affairs at Cheongju University or by an educational institution with a sisterhood relationship to Cheongju University (an institution that has an agreement with Cheongju University) may not be required to submit such translations of their documents.
Application fee: 50,000 won